Table of Contents
Network cabling installation refers to the process of installing cables to establish a network infrastructure. This involves installing cables that transmit data, voice, and video signals between different devices, such as computers, servers, switches, and routers.
The installation process includes planning, designing, and installing cables in a way that ensures proper connectivity and communication between all devices. The installation of network cabling may involve laying cables across floors, ceilings, and walls, and may also involve the installation of network components such as connectors, patch panels, and other hardware necessary for the proper functioning of the network.
Proper network cabling installation is essential to ensure reliable and efficient communication between devices on the network. It is important to follow industry standards and best practices when installing network cabling to avoid signal interference, data loss, and other issues that can arise from improper installation.
Benefits of Network Cabling Installation
- Scalability and Simplicity-Proper network cable installation will make it easy to keep your company’s communication systems connected even when you grow. You can easily add future advancements to your system when needed without changing the structure or redoing the network. When you choose to have a structured cabling system, you are opting for a straightforward and organized system. Likely, your business relies on various types of devices and IT equipment. By having an organized cabling system, you reduce the complexity of having multiple wiring infrastructures in place.
- Easier to Isolate Problems-No matter what industry you are in, at some point, you will run into system malfunctions. By having your network organized, your IT technician can investigate and quickly find the problem. This means that your business will have minimal downtime and lost revenue as a result. Good network cabling services from the start impact your bottom line installation by making sure you get up and running fast when there is a problem.
- Improved Safety-Health and safety is an important topic in any workplace. Having an organized cabling system enhances the safety of your workplace. With disorganized wires, the risk of fires, falls and electric shocks are much higher. Choosing to have your network cables organized allows you to focus on running your business instead of worrying about the hazards in the server room.
- Adaptability-Technology is changing at an incredible pace. Yet, that also means that you need to be prepared to adopt future applications. A structured cabling system includes a high bandwidth. This means that when you need to introduce new applications, your network can adopt them easily.
Types of Network Cabling Installation offered by Dataworld.
Ethernet Cabling – Advantages
Cat 5e, Cat 6 and Cat 7 Ethernet network cabling easily connects to a multitude of devices. The category of cabling selected depends on your business’s performance requirements, from Cat 5e’s 100/Mbps to the super durable and noise resistant Cat 7’s 10/Gbps. However, they can only reach limited distances in an office location.
Fiber Optic Cabling – Advantages
Fiber optic cabling is much faster than Ethernet and is best used for reaching longer distances in an office location. Fiber optic cables are also durable, flexible and do not produce electromagnetic interference.
Network Cabling Installation Near Me (In Nairobi Kenya)
At Dataworld, we’re one the most experienced data cable installation providers in Kenya. We take our time to fully understand your requirements and how we can supply a network cabling infrastructure that fully meets your needs and business aims.
Our engineers have experience working on new cable installations and on existing IT infrastructure, where extra network points are required. We use only the latest techniques and highest quality materials to design and install structured cabling systems that facilitate optimum performance of your voice and data networks.
Structured Cabling Installation Checklist
All our Dataworld Systems engineers are Cat 5e, Cat 6 and Cat 7 certified, and can provide the following network cabling services:
- Structured cabling installation
- Structured cabling upgrades
- Network cable maintenance